green ribbon background

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

And we're back

Okay so all the wedding stuff kept me occupied through August, but I have no excuses for September. All I'm gonna say is what can you do? :) I'm back, and will be writing again fairly frequently. I am now officially a 'Mrs.' so there will be lots to share as I figure this whole wife thing out.

Last week we went to our church newlyweds class and I made what my family calls 'pink salad' - it was delish. Frozen strawberries, crushed pineapple, pecans, marshmallows, cream cheese, sugar, and bananas. Freeze it for 3 hours and you're golden. We've had it at family gatherings for years and it's always a hit. When I make it for other people, it makes me feel so domestic and wifey. I love that feeling!

Last week we also got a new bed - it is HUGE! I'm loving it though. I have to jump up just to get on it, and the hubster says I bounce too hard when I get off of it, but I can't help it. Look at the thing! It's awesome...'bout time I got a bed that looks like a 27 year old should be sleeping in it. The rest of our place is coming together, too... just slowly. There's still so many little pieces of clutter here and there - boxes, old tvs and computers, junk given to us over the years - and it'll be so peaceful when we finally have it put together and de-clutterized. It's one of my favorite things to do - de-clutterizing - it's just been so overwhelming with so much of it that it's become less fun and kind of a chore... but I'm learning that my hubster's love language is service so I'm trying to throw myself into it and help him get this place in shape. I'm lucky - most guys just let the woman clean and do stuff around the house - but my babe wants to do stuff. I should always be grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment