green ribbon background

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hello 2011

So I've decided I'm going to not worry about when I write on this thing -- whether it's every other day or every other month -- I'm just going to write when I have time. It's still cool to look back a year later and see where you were and what God did in your life, regardless of how much of your story you recorded. :)

So here's what's up lately. Christmas was busy! Two families, driving 4 hours in the snow on Christmas day, and always doing something or eating something. No down time really! But it was totally worth it, to see my niece and nephew, to spend time with all my siblings and my parents, to see all my new in-laws, and to spend time with my new husband without having to split up and go to different houses like when we were dating. And we got snow! The first white Christmas in Georgia in over 100 years they say. Check out Connell playing in it. So cute!

This month a lot is going on. Jeff and I are moving to a townhouse to save money (they are raising our rent), so soon we'll be living in Woodstock (Cherokee County, weird). It's a cute little place, but mostly I'm excited for the 1,500 square feet, extra bathroom and 1/2, and lots of storage. We move the first weekend in February.

We're going on a retreat with our Newlyweds class at church this weekend. It will be in Gatlinburg! I love snowy, Mountainous areas in the winter. Part of me fantasizes about living in Asheville, NC one day when I retire. This will be fun!

Next weekend I'm going to a seminar conference in DC. I miss DC! But more than that, this conference is a special invitation only event -- we will be sitting down to discuss books that we read and ideas about liberty. I'm really excited because I really need to feel smart again. I miss that feeling in college where, even though you were totally burned out, you felt smart on a daily basis because you generally were studying something new all the time. There's something about reading and studying material that makes me feel smart again.

No comments:

Post a Comment